Do Senior Living Communities Lack Independence?
5 Common Myths on Independent Living Facilities Dispelled
One of the many misconceptions is losing your freedom after moving to an independent living community. This Myth prevents many seniors and their families from exploring this option. This is, however, far from the truth, and many retirees in fact, find that their quality of life is greatly improved. Free from the responsibilities of maintaining a home, they can now take advantage of diverse opportunities to lead an active and fulfilled life. Thus, more individuals are making the decision to move to a retirement residence at a younger age.
The experienced and dedicated team at our independent living facility in West Hartford, Connecticut dispels 5 common myths to help you make the right decision for an elderly loved one.
- Myth #1 – You will lose your independence: The truth is that independent living facilities provide necessary support to help maintain your independent lifestyle. You are free to come and go as you please and can take part in exciting social programs both in the facility as well as in the community. Family and friends are also encouraged to visit as often as possible.
- Myth #2 – You will be treated poorly: Unfortunately, all facilities have been tainted due to poor quality at some senior care homes. At The Holiday, we have been caring for families like yours for almost 50 years. You or your loved one is not only well-looked after here, but treated like one of our own.
- Myth #3 – Living at your own home costs less: Living at an Independent allows you to Say good-bye to the mortgage, homeowner’s insurance, taxes, and other hidden costs you are currently paying.
- Myth #4 – It is lonely and dull: On the contrary, residents of our retirement community are encouraged to be active and socialize through our range of programs. From structured activities and scheduled entertainment to arts and crafts, excursions and shopping trips and outings, the options are endless. There is dedicated time for socializing and making new friends. Yoga, musical performances or a relaxing evening chatting with your peers; you can choose how to pass your time.
- Myth #5 – My current home is the best place for me: Our Independent Living community offers the opportunity for seniors to engage in their interests & hobbies, make new friendships, build relationships, and enjoy their life.
You can stay as independent as ever at The Holiday independent living community in West Hartford, Connecticut. Well-appointed accommodations and a full range of services and activities for an active and fulfilled retired life help our seniors live life to the fullest. Tender loving care by friendly and professional staff, delicious dining, and the company of friends will make you feel like you are on a permanent holiday. We even let you bring your pet along. Rest assured, you or your loved one will feel totally at home with your new family!
Give us a call at 860-233-8208 to learn more about the services and amenities we provide at our independent living facility in West Hartford, Connecticut. Fill out our online form to book a tour.